To register as a USSSA umpire, Click Here.
This page is the resource location for all USSSA Fastpitch umpires in New England. Any umpire that wants to participate in a USSSA tournament, MUST register as as USSSA umpire. Under no circumstances will umpires be allowed to officiate at a USSSA tournament without registering. Registering with USSSA gives umpires comprehensive insurance coverage. There is no option available to register without taking the insurance. This way USSSA is certain all umpires are properly covered, There are two options when registering.
- All Sport Official - This registration covers officials for any USSSA sanctioned event in any USSSA sport (Fastpitch Slowpitch, Baseball, Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, Volleyball and Wrestling). Cost is $80 annually. This includes the cost of the new federally mandated background check to comply with the SafeSport laws.
- All Association Official - This registration covers officials for any sport in any association such as ASA, Pony, High School, etc. that is also a USSSA sport (Fastpitch Slowpitch, Baseball, Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, Volleyball and Wrestling). If umpires register with this THEY DO NOT NEED TO BUY PONY, ASA OR HIGH SCHOOL INSURANCE. Cost is $105 annually. This includes the cost of the new federally mandated background check to comply with the SafeSport laws.
- Registration and insurance coverage period is Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 each year.
- If you have insurance coverage already from another sanctioning body, this is allowed, but umpires still need to register with USSSA and will be covered with USSSA insurance anyway. USSSA does not allow umpires to register for a lower cost without USSSA insurance. This coverage is automatic when you register. This allows USSSA to be secure that umpires are properly covered.
- Umpires please refer the the Insurance Coverage Information.
Links to information and Downloadable Documents for Umpires:
- 2020 USSSA Fastpitch Rules
- 2020 Rule Changes
- 2020 Pitching Rule Foot Placement Guide
- 2018 Umpires Manual
- 2018 Fastpitch Rule Differences between Sanctioning Bodies
- 2018 Fastpitch Clarifications and Interpretations
- DP/Flex Sheet
- 2018 Fastpitch Umpire Test
- 2018 Fastpitch Umpire Answer Sheet
- 2017 Fastpitch Case Book
- 2017 Fastpitch Mechanics Manual
- 2-Man Diagrams
- Three Part Pre-game
- Umpire Professionalism
- Working with Players and Coaches
- Umpire Insurance Coverage Information