Co-hosting or Hosting Tournaments
Most USSSA tournaments in CT are run by the CT USSSA State office. Running a successful tournament is not easy. USSSA works very hard to maintain a standard of excellence and consistency. USSSA prefers that tournament hosts be independent, impartial and experienced tournament directors. USSSA recognizes that teams would like to be involved in hosting events and we have developed the co-host process. This process allows a team to be involved in every USSSA-run event in CT with zero risk, little effort while raising money for their team. See the co-hosting details below. However, there may be some opportunities for tournament directors and in some cases, teams or organizations, to host their own USSSA tournament. See the hosting details below.
- Contact CT USSSA State Fastpitch Director, to discuss your interest to co-host a tournament that the CT USSSA state office will run.
- CT USSSA is responsible in all aspects of running the tournament except for the co-host responsibilities.
- Co-host responsibilities at CT USSSA run tournaments:
- Provide the labor to rake and water fields, as needed, in between each game and extra labor if raining. CT USSSA staff will prepare the fields for the start of each day of the tournament.
- Provide volunteers to assist set-up and break-down of the USSSA merchandise area.
- Provide one person from the team, who is not a coach, to be responsible for all volunteer workers.
- Provide team players to take the 50/50 raffle around twice during the day on Saturdays.
4. CT USSSA will provide the co-host the following:
- The co-host team will receive free tournament entry (typically $525 to $575 value).
- The co-host will receive a berth to the USSSA World Series “A” or “B” or "C" to be determined by CT USSSA State Fastpitch Director and team head coach.
- Each player will receive a complimentary co-host commemorative T shirt at the conclusion of the tournament.
- Opportunities to host your own tournament are limited based upon your experience as a host, access to acceptable fields and other USSSA events already being run by the state office. Contact CT USSSA State Fastpitch Director, to discuss your tournament request.